Career Services Overview
You’re considering a short-term training program because you want to start a new career.
You’ll soon be looking for an internship and job. If you’re concerned about finding work in a challenging economy—MTTI Is Education for Employment--the Career Services team is here to help!
Everyone at MTTI is on your team. Career Services Specialists work with instructors to support you—right from the beginning of your program. After you graduate, we assist you in securing an employment opportunity to begin your career.
Career Services will help you craft a professional resume, create a targeted search plan, and make contact with employers. We'll train you to have the skills to follow-up on the contacts you make. We partner with you to develop job and internship leads, and to submit your resume directly to internship providers and employers.
Career Services include:
- Preparing, or assisting in preparation of resumes and cover letters
- Presenting workshops about job search techniques, cover letters, resumes and interview skills
- Conducting “mock” (practice) interviews
- Scheduling guest speakers, employers, graduates and industry specialists to visit the class
- Recruiting industry specialists for twice-yearly Program Advisory Committees to review facilities, curriculum and equipment for all nine programs
- Visiting employers at their worksites to build relationships
For more information, or to submit a job, please contact a Career Services Representative:
Automotive Service Technician, Building & Property Trades Technician,
HVAC/R Technician, Marine Service Technician & Motorcycle/Power Equipment Technician
Computer Service Technician/Network Installer, Medical Assistant, Medical Billing & Coding / Office Administration & Residential and Commercial Electrician
Personal Fitness Trainer
Virtual Info Sessions & High School Liaison