Automotive Service Technician
Program Consumer Information
Interested in training for an automotive mechanical career?
The Consumer Information on this page is reported according to the requirements of our accreditation organization, the ACCSC (Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges).
Graduates of the Automotive Service Technician program are prepared for the following recognized occupations (as defined by O*NET–SOC codes, which are used by workforce professionals to create job orders):
SOC 2020 Code
- 49-3023.00 - Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
For a description of each category, please go to: http://online.onetcenter.org/crosswalk/
Graduation and Employment Rates
Accredited Career and Technical Schools are held to high standards of graduation and employment. We calculate on-time program completion and employment according to the formula established by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
The ACCSC sets as a benchmark a minimum of 70% training related employment for each program each year. We strive to meet and exceed this benchmark for every program each year.
MTTI’s goal is education for employment. We assist each graduate for as long as they are interested in and willing to seek employment; therefore the employment numbers and percentages are not necessarily final. As graduates continue to seek work and enter into employment, employment percentages can increase.
We recognize there are many reasons that a graduate might not go into program-related employment directly after school. MTTI counts as employed only those graduates whose employment can be verified in occupations related to the program of study. We do not count as employed those graduates who choose not to obtain employment at this time, or who remain in or return to their past (non-training-related jobs).
In calculating employment percentages, we can remove from the total count, graduates* who:
- Pursue additional education at another school (and are not working)
- Enter the military (unless they accept program-related work within the military)*
- Are unable to work while ill or injured
*Verified by death certificate, physician's note confirming permanent or long-term disability, documentation of military service or proof of continuing education.
MTTI is proud of our many successfully employed graduates. To learn how we prepare students for successful employment, please see the Automotive Service Technician program page and also read our graduates’ Success Stories.
Program Year: 2018-2019 * & Evening 2017-2018** [* / **This report is a "snapshot" of all students who entered, graduated and were employed during the program year]
- 52 students graduated; 48 were hired. 1 student was not available for employment. The employment rate for the Automotive Service Technician program for 2018-19 is 94%.
- 13 students graduated from the evening class: 10 were hired. The employment rate for the Automotive Service Technician evening program is 77%
*According to ACCSC standards, graduation and employment rates are reported behind the current program year, to give graduates time to obtain employment. Daytime program statistics are for students enrolled between June 1, 2018 - May 31, 2019. **This reflects students enrolled between 3/1/17 and 2/28/18. This is a 75-week, part-time program.
On-time Completion Rate
The on-time completion rate is the number of students who completed the program (graduated) within the normal time during each program year. Because the rate is calculated based on the date originally scheduled for completion, the on-time completion rate will be affected by:
- Class cancellations due to inclement weather
- Students who successfully graduate after taking a Leave-of-Absence (LOA) due to documented medical issues or a death in the family, etc.
- Students who transferred to a part-time program and subsequently graduated.
On-Time Completion Rate Program Year: 2017-18
- The on-time completion rate for the Automotive Service Technician students who completed the program during 2017-2018 is 95.6%
On-Time Completion Rate Program Year: 2016-17 - EVENING PROGRAM
- The on-time completion rate for the Automotive Service Technician students who completed the evening program during 2016-2017 is 100%.
Cost for the Automotive Service Technician Program
Costs listed for this program are tuition and fees before any Title IV funding loans are applied. Most students qualify for loan and/or grant assistance. Tuition and supplies for this is program during 2021-2022* are:
- $50 for the Application Fee
- $100 for Textbooks/Supplies
- $16,350 for Tuition (*includes uniforms and a tool kit upon acceptance of verified training-related employment)
Median Loan Debt
The median loan debt incurred by students who completed the Automotive Service Technician program during 2019-2020 is broken down into several categories:
- The Title IV median loan debt (amount borrowed) for the Auto Day program is $5,444.00
- The private education loan debt (amount borrowed) is $0
- The amount owed on MTTI institutional finance plans is $0